Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Officially Boy Scouts!

All of the boys made their troop choices and we made the walk across the bridge to Boy Scouts last week. I thought I would be really emotional but I was just so proud of the boys and the life choices that they make (not to mention, excited to be free of cub scouts for a minute.)

After our Arrow of Light ceremony, I took each of my boys' uniform and stripped them down for the next level, everything that they have earned through their scouting career went onto the wall permanently. These took some time and effort but I think that they turned out awesome and nothing will get lost. The whole family walked across the bridge. Dan was home for this one so he got to be part of this! This is all of us waiting to start the process.We took all the cub scout stuff off of them and sent them across the bridge to be received by their new troop. In with the new stuff that says "I'm a Boy Scout!" It meant a lot to the boys to have the scouts from their new troop come to receive them and actually put all the new stuff on their uniform for them.
He's thrilled, can't you tell?

I was whole heartedly planning on just taking the next little over a year to recharge my batteries for the next round of cub scouts with Denim but I am so happy with our new troop, and they make me feel so welcomed and wanted that I am probably going to end up being more active than I had thought. It could be worse I guess. Guess I better start studying up on Merit Badge requirements and such. :o)

1 comment:

AJ said...

such a proud moment that must have been!