Friday, March 4, 2011

Arrow of Light Pictures

The 8th of February was a big day for the twins. They finished their Arrow of Light in Cub Scouts. They have been working for 3 years towards the award and we're very proud of them. There were 6 boys in our den this year and all 6 completed their award. We worked VERY hard and 4 boys completed all 20 pins and the other 2 finished 19. This group of boys spent so much time with me this year that they slipped and called me Mom several times. Now we are looking towards bridging into boy scouts where they can get out with the bigger boys and start the journey toward Eagle....
The boys with their awards after they got them. I created these for them, I hand painted the Arrow of Light symbol on the plaques and if you look close you can see the career stripes on the arrows. There were a total of 226 stripes on the 6 arrows. I was VERY glad to have them done and even happier when the boys all loved them. :o)
Stand next to your mom and smile!

Waiting to light their candles.


Pinning DJ's award on him.

Threating to stick Dylan with the pin if he didn't smile while I pinned his award on him. ;o)

This ceremony was a big deal for me as well as the boys. Having been their den leader a good share of their cub scout career I feel a great sense of accomplishment having all of the boys make Arrow of Light as well. I had a wonderful assistant den leader this year that I wish I could have kept forever. I was sad when she had to move away just days after the ceremony. I am excited that all 6 of my boys have made the choice to bridge into boy scouting and I've told them all that I better be invited when they make Eagle, I certainly hope that they all do.
Grandma Shannon and Grandpa Paul made the trip down to be here for the boys and that meant a lot to all of us. It was nice to have some family around for the big event.



No comments: